Why Team Anna wants “SIT” to investigate corrupt ministers?Posted: June 1, 2012
Why Team Anna wants “SIT” to investigate corrupt ministers? All investigating agencies are under Govt. control.
Don’t U think; In democracy; peoples’ supremacy; fighting for rights; is only way to achieve equality? Team Anna is justified; to insist; for a Special Investigating team (SIT); to conclude the investigation within 6 months; is having valid reasons? Read: (Fast Against Corruption http://news.indiaagainstcorruption.org/corruptministers/?p=398 )
1) The known wealth generated from natural resources has gone into wrong hands and not contributed to national white-economy GDP growth (2G; Iron ore; coal; land etc, scams)? Read: White Vs Black Economy & Ills of black economy. Read: https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/white-vs-black-economy-ills-of-black-economy/
2) Rampant corruption; forcing a citizen to; bribe a public servant to get his legitimate work done; making him feel like a 2nd rate citizen; in his own country? Listen to: Amazing speech of Anna Hazare listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJD6TzsmA0
3) Political parties with some MPs; with illogical argument; that corruption is their birth right because others are corrupt; or; when others are accused of corruption; they have no right to find fault with MPs? Read: Bring President under Lokpal: Kalam http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/bring-president-under-lokpal-kalam/164595/
4) Un-willingness of all political parties to debate and vote on Lokpal bill in Raj sabha (Why shy-away from public debate on a bill of such a national importance); passing bills of National importance? With no debate; or; number of bills passed in one day; is not an indication of healthy parliamentary democracy? Read: https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/accountability-at-all-lev/
5) No interest in implementation of constitutional amendments (73rd & 74th passed in 2009) to ensure speedy and corruption free development of urban & rural economies? Read: https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/expected-achievements-by-implementing-73rd-74th-amendments/
6) Black-money economy is growing at alarming rates (a fact accepted by FM in his “white paper on black money”; from last 8 years? Presently estimated at 16 times of our GDP? Known methods of controlling, inflation; falling dollar etc., are no longer effective? If the growth of black-money economy; is not arrested immediately by effective controls; Indian economy will also collapse like world economy & the signs are on the horizon? Read: https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/white-vs-black-economy-ills-of-black-economy/
7) UPA II; government is not in a position (or not capable) to take; any steps even after SC’s directions; no one is working as per rules (service rules of government servants; more than 90% don’t even know them); parliament no longer works as it was envisaged by founding fathers? Read: https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/parliament-turns-60-mps-urged-to-introspect/
a. No action taken On PMOs office staff as on date? In Graft cases against public servants: Supreme Court raped PMO? Today, corruption in our country not only poses a grave danger to the concept of constitutional governance, it also threatens the very foundation of Indian democracy and rule of law,” Justice Ganguly said. Read: http://m.economictimes.com/PDAET/articleshow/msid-11707525,curpg-2.cms
b. No investigation; or action taken on erring CJI? Read: https://janamejayan.wordpress.com/category/indian-judiciary/corrupt-cji-of-india/
c. No action on pending approvals (126 out of 319) for investigation (AG accepted this fact in SC) Read: http://m.economictimes.com/PDAET/articleshow/msid-11707525,curpg-2.cms
d. No action taken on CVC’s letter to PM on pending approvals to prosecute; corrupt? Read: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-01-31/news/31010508_1_sanction-cvc-prosecution
e. No attempt was ever made to recover the money involved in scams; from last 60 years? Surprisingly even opposition is not interested in recovering this money? All it is interested in blaming the ruling party for scams; stall the proceedings of the parliament (at times in both houses) and happy when some one is forced to resign? Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_in_India
f. Selected few cases of corruption; that are referred to CVC/CBI (may be to make the corrupt to fall inline with the corrupt in power) cases are made out; a few are sent to jail and then let off on bail (surprising & standard reason is not able to file charge sheet)? It is interesting to note that; B. Ramalinga Raju, Founder & Chairman, Satyam Computer Services was not charged with breach of trust; an offence which he admitted in writing? This Can happen in two situations; incapable or manipulated; investigating agency (no rewards for correct guessing)? Afterwards the cases are prolonged for decades or till the death of the accused to facilitate the closing the case? We can’t call it law taking its own course nor it will mean;proper justice delivery mechanism in place?
g. No action is taken as on today; on the letter written by EC? EC recommended 3 different levels of election reforms to eradicate; criminalization of elections? 2 of them can be implemented; immediately; in case the government is sincere? Read: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/quraishi-writes-to-pm-on-expediting-poll-reforms-275772.html
h.No attempt; is made by government; to reduce the delays in prosecution; through known methods; to clear/or punish tainted/criminal MPs; though it is possible to conclude many cases; with in 6 months (then why are they protecting the corrupt)? Read: ‘FAST TRACK COURTS’ compress 10 yrs to 7 days? https://sofjustice.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/fast-track-courts-compress-10-yrs-to-7-days/
i.Present; laws took; 2 years (2G case) for a persistent; MP/lawyer (Sbramanian swami) to book culprits of 2G scam (now all of them are out on bail and attending the parliament)? Swami is still running from pillar to post to; initiate investigation; into involvement of Chidambaram (HM); boss of CBI? Read: Justice Ganguly said: “Delay in granting sanction has spoilt many a valid prosecution”? http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2847180.ece
j. All the ills of our investigation system lies in the procedures; obtain the permission from the people who are in power; who can be influenced by the accused) laid down by British raj; to loot the country? Read: “it also threatens the very foundation of Indian democracy and rule of law,” Justice Ganguly said. Read: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-02-01/news/31012906_1_sanctions-bench-prosecution
k. No action on 10,000 pending cases (from last one decade) with CBI; even after GoM recommendations; is a glaring example of the protection the corrupt get from our Government? Read: With 10,000 graft cases, CBI’s hands are full Read: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_with-10000-graft-cases-cbis-hands-are-full_1587313
And many more reason why nation needs a fast enquiry from an independent body enquiring into all aspects (the need is to go to bottom of the truth)
I. “Even the Supreme Court is fed up, with Justice Sudarshan Reddy saying about the vast sums of Indian money being illegally hidden away in Liechtenstein Bank: We are talking about the huge money. It is a plunder of the nation. It is a pure and simple theft of the national money. We are talking about mind-boggling crime”? Pains every one; EVEN YOU?
The money stashed away in tax havens might have some terror links, Justice Reddy observed: “This is the problem which is worrying us. It is not only about tax evasion, it has something more.” Read: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article1102403.ece
II. CBI Director A P Singh said “In some of the important cases being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation such as 2G spectrum case, Commonwealth Games scam and Madhu Koda scandal, we find that money is taken to Dubai/Singapore/Mauritius from where it goes to Switzerlandand other such tax havens”. Read: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/226806/rs-245-lakh-crore-black.html
III. The Indian Administrative Service has been given constitutional guarantees in appointment and service to ensure that officers act independent of political and other influence. Sardar Vallabhai Patel called it the iron frame of India, but with more and more officers in the dock for acts of omission and commission, there is apprehension that the iron frame is either rusting or bending backwards to please the corrupt? Read: http://www.ndtv.com/article/andhra-pradesh/ias-officers-in-andhra-pradesh-revolt-against-ministers-173939
IV. Feb 1, 2012 Graft cases against public servants: Supreme Court raps PMO for delays. “Unfortunately, those who were expected to give proper advice to PM and place full facts and legal position before him failed to do so,” the bench said. Read http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-02-01/news/31012906_1_sanctions-bench-prosecution
V. The Act requires the CVC to exercise this function according to the directions issued by the government thus limiting its independence,” Kumar said. Read: http://expressbuzz.com/nation/cvc-for-dedicated-wing-to-probe-important-cases/317486.html
VI. Supreme Court came down heavily on the Centre for failing to crack the whip on black money hoarders. It then said it was very unfortunate that the three key officials of the Enforcement Directorate investigating the black money scandal have been abruptly transferred midway into the investigation. Read: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/black-money-case-court-raps-govt-for-failing-to-act-against-tax-evaders-89138
VII. in 2011, the Indian government received the names of 782 Indians who had black money saved in HSBC. In January 2011, the Supreme Court of India (SC) asked why the names of those who have stashed money in the Liechtenstein Bank have not been disclosed. Finance Ministry has refused to reveal the names. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_black_money
The way the present government is taking action on the corrupt; needs no more explanation; to show that it is under the influence of the people; who; can be easily influenced by the corrupt; in view of coalition compulsions; or greed to become rich overnight; and or; come to power with the help of money & criminal support?
Investigating the people who are under the cloud of corruption charges (may be false at times); investigated and settled with in 6 months; is highly desirable; else they will crop-up even after the death of an individual; like bofors?
The SIT team should consist of members of known integrity and should be chosen by people who can’t be influenced by the accused; and; are under investigation?
IT IS MINIMUN FAST ACTION; EXPECTED OF GOVERNMENT TO CLEAR THE PEOPLE UNDER CLOUD OF CORRUPTION OR PUNISH THEM; fast; IN THE INTERST OF DEMOCRACY; HONEST PALIAMENTARY GOVERNANCE; ECONOMIC GROWTH AND SAFETY OF THE COUNTRY?
Taking the facts into consideration; we should accept; “NOT ALL IS WELL WITH OUR PARLIAMENTARY DEMOCRACY” and quick actions are needed to ensure smooth functioning of democratic institutions and justice delivery system?
“SIT” to know the truth; is a justified and reasonable demand & PM with his clean image should appoint one with out delay; to save his reputation from getting tarnished?
Black economy is the biggest ENEMY OF DEMOCRACY?
Greed & Corruption; LIKE DRUGS; GIVES A KINK IN THE BEGINNING; an addiction & forces one to steel/loot to keep the habit going?
ACCOUNTABILITY AT ALL LEVELS MAKES A NATION PROSPEROUS & SAFE?
All should pray GOD to give common sense to corrupt; to see the damage they are causing to self; posterity & nation?